Thursday 13 September 2012

The Nineties Blogfest

Last year, I ran The Noughties Blogfest. I had written Review-Of-The-Year type posts of my favourite Films/TV/Music/Books/Comics etc from the years 2009 to 2000 and invited people to suggest a favourite thing from each year. Now I've almost finished writing about the Nineties as well.

So I am announcing today that on the 15th of October I will be holding The Nineties Blogfest.


On the 15th of October I invite you to tell me about your favourite things from the Nineties. Choose one thing from each year from 1990 to 1999, be it a film, a TV show, a radio show, a particular episode of a TV or radio show, a piece of theatre, a book, a comic, a song, an album, a gig, a piece of artwork, something online or something else entirely, and then tell us what you love about it.

If it helps, my posts on 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991 and 1990, may jog your memory...

Here are the details on how to take part:

• Leave your name and link on the linky below.

• Feel free to publicise the blogfest on your blog, facebook, twitter, etc and post the above image on your blog if you wish.

• On the 15th of October post a favourite something for each year 1990-1999, and tell us what you love about each of them.

• Visit as many other participating bloggers as you can. Compare, contrast and comment on their choices.



Join Us....

34 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

October 14 is a Sunday. Is it all right to post on Monday instead? I don't blog that day.

Dave said...

For you Alex, I've pushed it back a day.

The Nineties Blogfest is now Monday the 15th of October.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Count me in Dave!

Jeremy Bates said...

I am in, Dave. Looks like fun.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Should be a BLAST from the past ... cliche'... sorry about that ... lol.

Dave said...

Fantastic. Thanks you all.

Philip J Reed said...

On it, suckmother.

Dave said...

Glad to have you aboard.

dolorah said...

I'll try not to forget :) Lots of blogfests in October.

......dhole

Ellie Garratt said...

Ooo . . .the 90s. I shall have to get thinking.

Anonymous said...

I'm in, like totally.

Wait...that started in the 80's. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dave, I just blogged about it today. I also added your URL to the blogfest image I stole, so people know for sure that it's your baby.

Hart Johnson said...

Hey-thanks for the invite! I'm in!

Azia said...

Sent here via Vive le Nerd! (Hi Josh!) I'm so in. My Pandora is constantly set to 90's radio-- so..... YES!!

M.J. Fifield said...

Thanks for letting me know about this blogfest. Looking forward to it!

Deniz Bevan said...

Woo hoo! Jarvis!

Anonymous said...

Deniz told me about this. It looks like fun.

Unknown said...

I am in! Thanks for stopping by to "nudge" me into it!

Dave said...

Thank you all for joining in. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Sand Castles and Snow Forts said...

Great idea! Looking forward to visiting around with all of you!

Tami Von Zalez said...

I'll give it a go - thank you for hosting!

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Melissa Ann said...

This sounds like so much fun.

Dave said...

I love forward to seeing what you come up with.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Oh this sounds so fun. Just the thing to lighten my month and keep me being creative. :)

Jackie said...

Such a great idea! I'm in!

Budd said...

Whew! Signed up and wrote my post. Exhausting. Can't wait for everyones list to go live.

Stephsco said...

I'm in! Sounds fun. I'm going to check out your 90s posts.

Drea said...

Yay! This looks like so much fun. I will enjoy writing my post and reading everyone else's.

Dave said...

Thanks for signing up. See you all tomorrow...

Eliza Wynn said...

I just joined and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Ellie

Tami Von Zalez said...

Hi Dave - thank you for hosting. I've linked in.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Added my blog to the list. Thanks for hosting, can't wait to compare memories with everyone!

Erin Kane Spock said...

What a fun blogfest. I wish I'd known about it sooner. :)

Dave said...

You could join in anyway if you like, Erin.