Thursday 19 July 2012

I'd Rather Have A Bowl Of Odo Pops

After Frosted Frakes made its way across the internet, The Geek Twins have posted something today about the recent Star Trek breakfast cereals meme phenomenon.

Despite my lack of Photoshop skills (and my lack of Photoshop), I decided to add to the madness and include one from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, a series so far unrepresented in cereal box form as far as I know. I give you: Odo Pops.


Odo's story was in many ways at the core of DS9 charting his journey from being the only one of his kind to finding his race and then losing them again, to fall in love, winning a war only to lose the woman of his dreams to save his species. I can only hope that when Rene Auberjonois was crafting a character as complex as Odo, that he also wanted his face on a cereal box.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Dave, yours is just as good if not better than the others!

PT Dilloway said...

Sounds like someone should create a "blogfest" or "blog hop" for this topic.

Anyway, Odo was one of my favorite characters on the show. The interplay between him and Quark really helped to liven up the show.

Maurice Mitchell said...

LOL Dave that's great! I'll bet they get soggy in milk though.
@Pat blogfest yes...

Tony Laplume said...

Tastes like oatmeal.

Dave said...

Alex, you're very kind.

PT Dilloway, Odo was one of my favorite characters as well.

Maurice, Odo's pretty soggy every 16 hours or so, milk or no milk.

Tony Laplume, nice reference. I tried to find a clip of that scene on YouTube to no avail.

Ben Cisco said...

I thoroughly approve of this post.