Sunday 1 January 2012

Resolute

So this time last year I made a new year's resolution to read the complete works of William Shakespeare. I can't really say that I kept it. I managed to read one of Shakespeare's plays. One. I would hesitate to call it an absolute failure, because I haven't given up. Let's call it a qualified failure, but at this rate it'll take another 37 years and I'll be 67 by the time I'm finished.

So I'm making a new year's resolution, but it's the same as it was last year.

I'm making a new new year's resolution as well. I've decided that when I am between work (which has been a little too often of late, but might not be in 2012), that I will treat writing like a day job. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean a twenty-hour-shifts-of-coal-mining-with-your-teeth sort of a job. I mean a start at nine, break for lunch, finish work at five type job.

Come rain or shine, I will write.

Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

May you find success in your new resolution!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

great year is right in front of you... i give you..

http://izombielover.blogspot.com/2011/12/dare-you-double-dog-dare-you.html

good times,
jeremy

Dave said...

Thank you both.